Santa Margherita Ligure
The school, organized within the ‘Dipartimento di Eccellenza MIUR’ project, is primarily aimed to Ph.D. students and early stage researchers interested in the different aspects of topological condensed matter physics, both in and out of equilibrium. Theory, experiments, and applications will be addressed in the following lectures
- Topological insulators and semimetals, by Björn Trauzettel (Universität Würzburg)
- Topological superconductors, by Tobias Meng (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Topological spintronics, by Allan MacDonald (University of Texas Austin)
- An experimental view on topological superconductors, by Erwann Bocquillon (Ecole Normale Supérieure)
- Topological quantum pumping, by Roberta Citro (Università di Salerno)
- Time dependent engineering of topological states of matter, by Michael Sentef (MPSD Hamburg)
- TeraHertz devices for topological quantum computation, by Stefano Lupi (Università la Sapienza)
- Topological phases of open quantum systems, by Thomas Schmidt (University of Luxembourg)
A poster session, where all participants will have the chance to show their work, will also take place.
The venue is Hotel Regina Elena, in Santa Margherita, Genova (Italy). The school will take place during the week 28/03/2022-01/04/2022.
The location is most easily reached by train from Genova or from Milan (train station Santa Margherita) and then walking or by bus.
The fee (excluding VAT), for the accommodation in double room, is 400€ if paid before 31/12/2021, or 450€ if paid later. Upon availability, the fee for the single room is 600 € if paid before 31/12/2021, or 650€ if paid later.
The accommodation for up to 5 nights, all dinners (starting on Monday), lunches, breakfasts, coffee breaks, and a social event are included. A limited amount of grants will be available.
The application deadline is 15/02/2022.
To apply, send a brief CV to email@example.com. Note that we will be able to accept around 40 participants only.
The school is supported by “Science is Cool” (SCOOL), a non-profit Cultural Association promoting educational activities and scientific events aimed at engaging, at different levels, people with science.
Participants who subscribe to SCOOL will benefit from a VAT-free registration fee.
The subscription to SCOOL allows advantageous fees for attendance at other future cultural events supported by SCOOL, with no commitments and no charges but 2 euros to be paid on site as subscription fee for 2022.
Please fill in the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration will be acknowledged by an e-mail containing the payment information.
Registration payment can be made by either bank transfer or paypal.
The organization committee, composed by Dario Ferraro, Niccolò Traverso Ziani, Emanuele Dell'Aglio, Daniele Marré and Maura Sassetti, will be happy to help in case of any doubt. For any question, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.